Clear Braces (Ceramic Braces) in Silver Spring & Germantown, MD
Having braces doesn’t necessarily require highly noticeable metal brackets and wires. In fact, many of today’s braces are made from either clear or natural tooth-colored materials to provide patients with an attractive, less noticeable alternative to traditional braces. R3 Dental Group offers clear braces to its patients in Silver Spring, Germantown, Bethesda, and the neighboring areas of Maryland.
What is the Difference Between Clear Braces and Clear Aligners?
Clear braces are the same as traditional metal braces except that they are clear! Clear braces are a less noticeable alternative to traditional metal braces and provide patients with an equally effective treatment.
Clear aligners are different from clear braces. Clear aligners are pieces of hard plastic that are designed to fit into your mouth like a mouth guard. Clear aligners are great for patients requiring minor orthodontic treatment.
What Are the Advantages and Disadvantages to Clear Braces?
As with any orthodontic treatment, it is important to choose the right option for your needs and lifestyle. Clear braces are a great alternative to traditional metal braces, and your orthodontist will help you determine whether they are the right treatment for you.
Advantages to clear braces:
- Appearance: Ceramic braces and clear braces are much less noticeable than traditional metal braces. Clear and ceramic braces offer an aesthetic alternative for patients seeking options other than traditional metal braces.
- Confidence: Many patients who choose ceramic or clear braces feel more confident about their orthodontic treatment, especially knowing that people are focusing on their smiles rather than their braces.
Disadvantages to clear braces:
- Cost: Ceramic and clear braces may cost more than traditional metal braces. Your orthodontist may offer convenient payment plans to help control the costs of your treatment. Be sure to talk to your orthodontist about all of your financial options.
- Discoloration: The clear elastic ties used with clear and ceramic braces may become slightly discolored when you drink tea, coffee, or wine, and eat certain foods or smoke. Ask your orthodontist about how you can keep your braces looking their best.
- Treatment Time: Orthodontic treatment with clear or ceramic braces may take longer than with traditional metal braces. If you don’t mind investing a little more time in your smile, then talk to your orthodontist to find out how long your treatment time will be with clear or ceramic braces.
Are Clear or Ceramic Braces the Right Choice for My Smile and Me?
By talking to your orthodontist, you can decide if clear or ceramic braces are the right treatment for you. Your orthodontist can provide answers to your questions and extra information explaining the benefits of each treatment.
If you would like to learn more about clear braces, ceramic braces, and all of the options available to you, please contact our practice and schedule an appointment today. We are proud to serve patients in Silver Spring, Germantown, Bowie, Frederick, and the surrounding areas of Maryland.
With Invisalign®, patients can enjoy an alternative to braces that is practically invisible. These clear braces are removable and virtually unnoticeable in the mouth, but still provide results comparable to traditional braces.LEARN MORE
Today's metal braces are much smaller, flatter, and more comfortable than in the past. Patients of all ages choose metal braces to help them achieve straight, beautiful smiles.LEARN MORE
Sedation dentistry allows patients to receive more involved procedures without experiencing any discomfort or pain during treatment. At R3 Dental, we use sedation in many of our treatments to give patients the best dental experience and results possible.LEARN MORE
Mouth guards are one of the best solutions for protecting the teeth, especially during sports.
At R3 Dental, we help patients find mouth guards that fit their teeth precisely, providing maximum protection during athletic events or sleep.LEARN MORE